It will begin at Kate’s Downtown with registration at 3. Registration is $20 per person and teams should be between 3 and 5 people who are 18 years of age or older. No children will be allowed on the scavenger hunt for liability reasons.
The team with the most points at the end of the hunt will be declared the winner. The winning team will receive 1/2 of what is brought in for entry fees. So the more people that participate, the more you WIN!!!
You must submit your team and team members BY MIDNIGHT on MAY 10th! You can do this by dropping it off at Kate’s Downtown or e-mailing it to BWFF@bluewaterfilmfestival.com.
***There is only room for 20 teams, so get registered EARLY!
The actual scavenger hunt will be from 4-7 with viewing of your achievements at Kate’s Downtown afterwards.
You may use whatever mode of transportation you wish. This includes traveling by foot, bicycle, skateboard, car, etc.
Please see below for the official rules of the event, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!
It’s promising to be a great night!
Scavenger Hunt 2013 Rules
1. You are asked to bring a “mascot.” These will be assigned at random on the day of the hunt. The “mascot” should to be big, bulky and embarrassing, but weigh no more than 10 pounds and must be larger in size than 1‘ x 1’ x 1’. Examples: a hula hoop, a large stuffed animal or a piñata. Creativity is encouraged. Cheap is good.
2. All teams must carry their assigned mascot with them at all times. If a team is caught in a picture by an opposing team without their mascot, the team will be deducted 100 points. The opposing team will be awarded 100 points.
3. All items on the list must be captured with a digital camera. Must have an SD card memory card that will be viewed on a computer. The camera must not need special software for the viewing of pictures.
4. NO PICTURES OF PICTURES. If your item is a BALD EAGLE. You need to find a bald eagle. You can not take a picture of a picture of a bald eagle from a magazine, book, online etc.
5. All submissions are open to interpretation by the judging panel.
6. Each team must consist of at least 3 members and no more than 5 members. There is placement for only 20 teams
during the BWFF 2013 Scavenger Hunt, so register early!
7. You cannot split up to accomplish tasks. All team members, including the mascot must be in the photo, excluding the team member taking the photo. Unless specified otherwise by the clue.
8. You do the crime, you do the time. Not us. So, please be safe. In order to play, all team members must sign a liability form provided by BWFF/BWSC during team registration.
9. All teams must wear some sort of obvious identifying item that is specific to their team. Examples: All team members wearing shirts of a matching color, identical hats or fake mustaches.
10. The entry fee is $20 per person. Example: If your team consists of 3 people your team’s entry fee is $60. This fee is due on the day of the hunt, but can be paid in advance. This is a first come first serve basis. Remember, there is placement for only 20 teams during the BWFF/BWSC 2013 Scavenger Hunt, so register early!
11. The team with the most points at the end of the hunt will be declared the winner. The winning team will receive 1/2 of total take for entry fees.
12. The team name and list of team members are due by May 10th at midnight.
13. Team arrival and registration is at 3pm. The official hunt begins at 4pm and ends at 7pm. The review of the scavenger hunt photographs will take place immediately following. A projector for viewing of ALL digital photographs will be provided. Food and refreshments will be available for purchase from Kate’s Downtown. BYOB for those who want.
14. For each minute your team is late after 7pm, your team will be deducted 5 points.
15. No more than 2 items on your list may be scavenged from one location.
16. Team registration and the viewing of all scavenger hunt photographs will take place at Kate’s Downtown, 231 Huron Avenue, Port Huron, MI 48060
The film must have been shot in the state of Michigan, USA or province of Ontario, Canada.
The individual submitting the film must have participated in its production and have a permanent address in the state of Michigan, USA or province of Ontario, Canada.
Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.
Congratulations to Kyle DuPont, a Marine City High School senior. He is the winner of the fourth annual BWFF Design Competition. Kyle’s design, created in the Digital Media Technology class at St. Clair TEC, was chosen from entries submitted throughout the state of Michigan. It will serve as the official art work of the 2013 Blue Water Film Festival and be represented on all promotional material including t-shirts, billboards, programs, posters, etc.
Planning for the 2013 Blue Water Film Festival is already underway. To join the support network that drives the festival, please become a corporate sponsor or Blue Water Film Society member. Your donation ensures the continued high standard of entertainment, culture and community enhancement the BWFF endeavors to provide. Please visit the “Become a Member of the Blue Water Film Society” and “Support the Festival – Four Ways to Make a Difference” tabs today to show your support today.